OenoFuture Ltd (Oeno Future) take data protection and information security very seriously. We are committed to ensuring our website and other systems are secure for you to use and take great care to protect your information.
Our privacy statement highlights why we collect your personal information, what information we collect, how we use this information and how long we store it. We also want you to know how you can access, amend or in some cases delete your information.
Why do we collect information?
You can access our website and browse our site without disclosing your personal data. In the event that you volunteer personal information (such as opting into our marketing communications) we will only process your personal information for certain legitimate business purposes, which include some or all of the following:
- We collect personal information when you submit an enquiry via our website, so that we can follow-up with a response.
- To send relevant communications .i.e. sending regular email marketing communications which we think will be of interest to you.
- We collect anonymous information sent by your browser to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services / communications for the benefit of our visitors / customers. We aim to provide a personalised user experience that we think will be relevant to you and collect this information to better understand how people interact with our website.
- We collect personal / business information when you buy and/or use our services. We do this to be able to deliver our services and send you important company announcements, operational information, for contractual reasons, to process financial transactions and for legal reasons.
- We collect personal information through online customer surveys in order to gain an understanding of
customers’ experiences working with Oeno Future and how to improve our products and services.
- We collect information to determine the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, content and advertising.
ur website does not enable our visitors to communicate with other visitors or to post information that can be accessed by other visitors.
What is our legal justification for using your personal information?
- Should you disclose your personal data when opting into our mailing list, we hold your name, phone number and email address solely for the purpose of contacting you with offers we believe you will be interested in.
- Our lawful basis for sending emails is our legitimate interest in promoting our products and services. We have conducted a legitimate interest assessment to establish which individuals can receive our marketing emails.
What personal information do we collect about you?
- We may collect your name, address, email address, phone number.
- We collect anonymous information sent by your browser when you visit our websites, including IP address, visited page / category, geographic location, referrer, operating system, duration, landing URL, search keyword and browser version.
- We may collect data that you have sent to us through online registration forms, contact us or career enquiries.
How is your personal information transferred outside of the EEA?
The data you pass to us may be processed outside the European Economic Area in order to provide you with the services you require (eg delivery outside of the EEA), although the data will always be held securely and in line with the requirements of UK data protection / GDPR legislation. By communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.
How do we use the information we collect about you?
We do not sell or rent your personal information to other companies or individuals.
- Marketing information – If you have requested information about our products or services or have participated in a Oeno Future marketing event, we may use your personal information to follow-up with important announcements and to keep you informed of any news, special offers or promotions that we believe might be of particular interest to you.
- General service provision – to communicate with you in the event that any products or services you have requested are unavailable or require delivery and general service provision.
- We do not store credit card details nor do we share financial details with any 3rd parties
- For internal sales analysis
Vendors that may collect anonymous data on our behalf if we request it are:
- Google Analytics:
We use Google Analytics to analyse the performance of our websites and follow up on the effectiveness of our marketing efforts. Google Analytics allow us to analyse data in aggregate, we do not collect or store any personal information in Google Analytics.
We may use a number of services, listed below, for advertising based on your web activity, or remarketing. We use this to show adverts to visitors that have been to our websites, on Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, and other participating websites. If you have an account with any of the vendors below, their privacy statement may allow them to connect the fact that you have been to our websites and the pages you have viewed with your profile. Your anonymous browsing behaviour may in turn be shared by the following partners as outlined in their privacy statements. We do not share any personal information with these vendors.
- Email Marketing & Direct Mail:
If you are a customer, partner, or prospect we may use your business contact information and business address to send you marketing communications such as email marketing and direct mail. We may also send you product or company news and service updates that are relevant to your use of our website, products and services. We will process this personal information for the legitimate business purposes stated above.
If you do not wish to receive email marketing content from us, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
How long do we keep your information for?
We keep your business/personal information as long as it is warranted for us to fulfil our commitments to you, or to adhere to legal or regulatory requirements.
- If you are a customer, we keep information for the duration of the relationship. If you have requested to receive marketing communications, we will keep your personal information only as long as you interact with us, or until the data subject opts-out or asks to be forgotten.
- If you have transacted with us we will keep your information for at least 7 years for legal reasons.
- If you store wines with us we will keep your data for the whole duration until 7 years after you have removed the wines unless you have asked to be forgotten.
If you have asked to be forgotten, your data will be removed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation with effect from 25th May 2018.
How do we keep your information secure?
Transmissions over the Internet are not completely secure or error-free. We do however take appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access; disclosure, alteration, and destruction e.g. fire walls, physical security.
The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information and to help ensure that your data is safe, secure, and only available to you and to those with authorised access.
If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you may contact us using the email email@example.com
What rights to you have regarding your personal information?
You can choose to opt out of marketing communications at any time, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject Access Requests:
You can request a copy of your personal information and you can update any incorrect information by emailing email@example.com
- Right to be Forgotten:
You can ask to have your personal information removed, or in some cases limit our processing of personal information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org This does not apply when we need to keep your information for legal reasons.
In order to provide our products and services, we may need to pass information on to our agents and sub-contractors or appoint other organisations to carry out some of the processing activities on our behalf, such as logistics companies.
A hard copy of the policy is available from Oeno Future Head office, Level 30, Leadenhall Building, Leadenhall Street, EC3V 4AB. Any revised policy will apply only to data collected after the new policy comes into effect.
Cookies are small text files which are stored on your computer, mobile phone or device. Cookies may be placed on your device when you visit a website or open a marketing email.
We also set third-parties cookies to allow you to easily link to third parties you may be subscribed to, such as Twitter and YouTube. We do not control these cookies, but we check how these cookies might use your information before allowing them to be set on our sites. Please visit the third-parties’ websites for more information on these cookies.
Our partners may also set cookies when they direct you to our site.